GENERATION III POT-D
System donated to and in care by: Hunter College Historic Computing Preservation Project:
TELNET ADDRESS AND PORTS:
|Telnet Node 1: geniv.dyndns.org Port: 122|
Telnet Node 2: geniv.dyndns.org Port: 121
Telnet Node 4: geniv.dyndns.org Port: 120
Telnet Node 5: geniv.dyndns.org Port: 123
|Telnet Node 7: geniv.dyndns.org Port: 132|
Telnet Node 8: geniv.dyndns.org Port: 131
Telnet Node 10: geniv.dyndns.org Port: 130
Telnet Node 11: geniv.dyndns.org Port: 133
Due to heavy modding and use of full ANSI. The graphics will not display properly on most telnet programs.
Use of SyncTerm terminal is recommended for the most accurate BBS experience
Option 2: Preconfigured Telnet clients with ANSI support
Download here: Preconfigured SyncTerm
RECOMMENDED more accurate display.
Download here: Preconfigured TERATERM
Alternate works alittle better for file transfers. But some slight ANSI display issues especially inside DOORS
* NOTE: for file transfers you have to manually start it: File -> Transfers -> Zmodem -> Send/Receive
HOW SYSTEM LOOK WITH CORRECT SETTINGS:
General Info on Pot-D/GenIII:
- Everything is pretty much work and is the same as it was shut down in late 1999
- User list is unchanged if u have an account it's still here
- Mass File storage disabled, though some files are still available and upload is enabled
- When using SYNCTERM client AFter a upload or download session. Any command you enter at the prompt will say
INVALID COMMAND OR SECURITY CLEARANCE TOO LOW...
Just logoff and logon again. Or press backspace to go back one character before entering your command.
(seems to only happen on SyncTerm)
System donated to "Hunter College Historic Computing Preservation Project:" for historical and education use.
It was a real PITA to get this back up into the internet age as PCBoard and it's associated 3rd party apps doesn't run in modern systems anymore. Anyway it is currently running on 2x Windows 7 Virtual Machines. This a legacy BBS system design for dial up. There may be bug here and there that I might have miss but everything is up and running. Drop me a line if you find any bugs.
Questions or Comments email me: email@example.com
- Jay Farris